The International Geography Bee World Championships is a competition organized by International Academic Competitions which is designed to bring the top geography students from around the world together for an unforgettable eight days full of various competitions with a geography-based theme, and a chance to meet students with similar interests and talents from around the world. The 2022 IGB World Championships will be held from August 2-9, 2022 if Covid-19 conditions allow for it. Our venue for 2022 has reserved space for the event in 2023 as well if conditions necessitate postponing the IGB World Championships until then.
1. Participants are divided into Middle School, Junior Varsity, and Varsity Divisions depending on their birthdate and/or grade in school. There may also be a Collegiate Division if IAC feels there is sufficient interest for it.
2. Numerous events are held, but only one gold, one silver, and one bronze medal will be distributed per event, per division.
3. Citizens and residents of the USA represent their state, not their country unless they hold foreign citizenship or were born overseas and choose to represent the country of their birth.
4. There is no limit to the number of students per country or state who can qualify or attend.
5. Qualification is conducted through participation in International Geography Bee exams or championship level tournaments.
6. The events of the Olympiad are tailored to meet the requirements of the discipline of geography.
For much more information, please explore our website, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have. Thanks for your interest in the International Geography Bee World Championships!